Below are links to websites of non-profit organizations, schools, travel sites etc. that I think can be useful to travelers.
- AtitlanSol.com – Atitlan news and blogs.
- Casa Milagro – A non-profit organization in Santa Cruz la Laguna that helps families with special needs.
- Earthquake News – Know thy enemy
- Exchange Rate – Yahoo's currency converter - US $ to Guatemalan Q.
- Embassies of Guatemala – Embassies of Guatemala around the world & Embassies of other nations to Guatemala
- Friendship Bridge – Microcredit and education for Guatemalan women.
- Guatemala Web – Lots about Guatemala with a focus on Guatemala City.
- Jardin de America Spanish School – The best Spanish school in the region.
- Maya Traditions – They work with women's weaving groups in the highlands.
- Lanic – A University of Texas link page. Lots of good links.
- Maya Jones – A friend's online Mayan crafts and antiques store in New Mexico.
- MayanWorld.travel – E-book travel guides to Mayan destinations in Central America and Mexico.
- NamasteDirect – NamasteDirect provides microcredit loans to first time women borrowers in Guatemala and Mexico. Hundreds of borrowers living around Lake Atitlan have benefited from a microcredit loan.
- Paginas Amarillas – The Guatemalan Yellow Pages - in Spanish
If you have a site you think would be a help to visitors please email me at . No promises, but if it does conflict with anything I do on this site and I think it can be of use to visitors I'll add it.
- Thank you,
- Duncan Aitken
San Lucas Toliman
- Singles from $40 to $80 – Doubles from $50 to $95
- Triple $95 – Quadruple $110
While San Lucas Toliman, on the lake's southern shore, is one of the largest towns in the region, there is only one good hotel, Hotel Toliman. The hotel also has the town's best restaurant and garden.