Atitlan Nature Reserve
- Lower Deck Sgl/Dbl Sun - Fri $65 & Sat $75
- Upper Deck Sgl/Dbl Sun - Fri $75 & Sat $85 see below
The only Hotel/Nature Reserve in the Lake Atitlan basin
- About Us:
- Experience the extraordinary spectacle of Lake Atitlan at the only functioning Hotel/Nature Reserve in the entire lake basin. The cataclysmic origins and long history of human occupation of this natural wonder are explained at the park's Visitors Center, located on the grounds.
- The hotel's beautiful oak forests, creeks and coffee groves tell their own stories as you walk along shaded nature trails and cross hanging bridges. Afterwards, a quiet swim in the crystal clear waters at our private beach will leave you totally refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Finish off your day with a sound night's sleep in one of the beautiful hotel rooms... and you'll know what a joy life in the Guatemalan Highlands really can be!
- For the more adventurous, the campground facilities include bathrooms with hot showers, a restaurant and areas for campfires.
- Facilities & Services:
- A Visitors Center with information on the natural and social history of the Lake Basin, a restaurant and bathrooms.
- Nature trails with signs for self-guided walks.
- An enclosed butterfly preserve with a breeding laboratory including examples of eggs, caterpillars and chrysalises, with information on the importance of butterflies and their relationships with the plants and animals around them.
- A collection of orchids which can be found in the Butterfly Preserve and on the nature trails, with nearly 50 of the more than 900 species native to Guatemala.
- A bird refuge
- Marvelous open enclosures for monkeys, coatimundi, raccoons and other wildlife, with an observation deck for watching the birds and animals in their natural settings.
- An open-air café set in the coffee groves.
- A private beach with clear waters and magnificent views.
- Safe camping grounds with services – most notably, bathrooms with hot showers.
- Lower Deck Sgl/Dbl Sun - Fri $65
- Lower Deck Sgl/Dbl Sat $75
- Upper Deck Sgl/Dbl Sun - Fri $75
- Upper Deck Sgl/Dbl Sat $85
- Prices are in US$ – They include 22% tax.
- Of Special Note:
- As the first and only private hotel/nature reserve at the lake, the Atitlan Nature Reserve offers its visitors a unique experience and educational perspective on the lake basin, and is absolutely the best place to start your visit. From the butterflies to the monkeys to the enchanting waterfall and bridges, this is a must-see for any visitor to the highlands of Guatemala.
- How to find us:
- From Guatemala City, take the Pan-American Highway C-1, West to the Highlands for approx. 2 hours. Just past Los Encuentros (the turn off to Chichicastenango) about 5 minutes, turn left for approx. 15 minutes to Solola. Continue approx. 10 minutes to Panajachel.
- From “Pana” it’s only 10 minutes away walking - a kilometer or 3/4 of a mile. Take the road to Solola and after the first climb take a left down the valley of San Buenaventura. Follow the road and signs for 800 meters. You can take a tuk-tuk from Panajachel (Q10).