There is a lot to do here, and some of the most interesting you can do on your own at little or no cost. Shopping on the streets of Panajachel is free and taking a chicken bus to and from Solola on market days market (Tuesdays and Fridays) costs less than a dollar – and is money well spent.
- The Book Store
- Actually, it's the home of my book store and travel agency, the Tropical Travel Association, the business that owns atitlan.com.
- Visit the Solola market
- Take a chicken bus to one of the world's most colorful native markets.
- The Nature Reserve
- Learn about Lake Atitlan's flora and fauna.
- Zip Lines
- Two sets of zip lines (12 in total) overlooking the lake. The longest single span is a 860 mts. (2822 ft.) flight through the trees.
San Lucas Toliman
- Singles from $40 to $80 – Doubles from $50 to $95
- Triple $95 – Quadruple $110
While San Lucas Toliman, on the lake's southern shore, is one of the largest towns in the region, there is only one good hotel, Hotel Toliman. The hotel also has the town's best restaurant and garden.