- Single $70
- Double $90 see below
The Best of the Bay
- About Us:
- Santiago Atitlan and Hotel Bambu offer activities and enjoyment for all kinds of tastes. Swim Lake Atitlan's pristine waters, sunbath by the pool, paddle a traditional canoe or "cayuco", stroll the streets of Santiago and admire the colorful Tz'utujil Maya and their beautiful crafts. Santiago Atitlan is a town of artists and artisans, known for its naive painters, embroideries, handloom textiles and wood carvings.
- Visitors cannot leave without visiting Maximon, a local Mayan deity. Offer Maximon liquor and tobacco and he will protect and guide you in your endeavors (be they good or evil) as he has the Tz'utujil for centuries.
- Facilities & Services:
- Our hotel sits in a beautiful garden on the shores of the bay of Santiago Atitlan, and offers its guests unmatched views of the town, the lake and the surrounding volcanos. From the first moment you spend with us, you'll know you are in a special place... in a very special part of the world.
- We have a full-ervice restaurant, a variety of rooms and lodging options, pool, acres of gardens and (of course) access to the lake for swimming and boating excursions. We are a quick 15 minute walk around the bay from the main dock.
- Single $70
- Double $90
- Triple $100
- Suite del Lago $125
- Suite Fenix $120
- Suite Los Orioles $120
- Prices are in US$ – They include 22% tax.
- Extra bed: $15
- Rates increase Easter week, July, August and Dec. 23 to Jan 7.
- Low season rates are available. Please contact us for more information.
- Of Special Note:
- The goal of the Bambu, from its architecture to its owner, to the service you'll receive, is to give you the most relaxing and enjoyable visit to Lake Atitlan possible.
- How to find us:
- To get here from Guatemala City or from Antigua, the most comfortable way is by taking a shuttle to Panajachel. Once in Panajachel, go to the public boat dock; take a collective boat and tell the captain that you wish to be dropped off at the Hotel Bambu dock.