La Iguana Perdida
Santa Cruz la Laguna
- Single or Double $30 & Luxury Single or Double $40
- Triple $35 & Luxury Triple $47 see below
The best hotel
- About Us:
- La Iguana Perdida and ATI Divers are located in Santa Cruz on the north shore of lake Atitlan, Guatemala, in what is unquestionably one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- Come join us under the volcanoes where you can learn to dive, swim in a volcanic lake, study Spanish, hike to waterfalls, volcanic peaks and neighboring Mayan villages, or simply lie in a hammock and enjoy doing nothing at all.
- Facilities & Services:
- We are just off the public dock in Santa Cruz, a 15-minutes boat ride from Panajachel. If you're looking to come by bus you'll be waiting a while as our village has no road. After years without electricity, we finally succumbed and now offer cold beers, hot showers and internet service. Electricity is limited so kerosene lamps provide light in the evenings as our family-style dinners often lead to hours of travel tales, story telling, board games, very bad jokes, guitars & sing-alongs.
- Standard Single or Double $30
- Luxury Single or Double $40
- Standard Triple $35
- Luxury Triple $47
- Luxury Quadruple $54
- Prices are in US$ – They include 22% tax.
- Of Special Note:
- Our family-run and relaxed atmosphere cause many one-night guests to stay for weeks, so be warned. Guitars and story-telling around the bar at night and diving, walking around, swimming, or just lying in a hammock all day make for the ultimate backpackers spot. Come see for yourself!
- How to find us:
- From Antigua or Guatemala city there are shuttles available from TransportGuatemala.com that will take you to Panajachel (about 3 hours), the main town near Lake Atitlan. Once at Lake Atitlan take a boat from Panajachel - the dock is called Muelle Tazanjuyu - out to Santa Cruz for Q15. After the 15 minute boat ride you'll find us immediately on your right hand side just off the public dock in Santa Cruz.