Hotel Santo Tomas
- Single $110 – Double $130
- Triple $158 see below
As much a museum as a fine hotel.
- About Us:
- While Chichicastenango is not on Lake Atitlan like the rest of the villages represented on Atitlan.com, few who come to the lake don't also visit "Chichi" – and the best hotel in Chichicastenango is Hotel Santo Tomas.
- Many stop in Chichicastenango for the night on the way from Antigua to Panajachel (or visa-versa) on Thursdays or Sundays, – market days.
- While you will be inundated with street vendors, most of the market it dedicated to Mayans buying and selling to each other – buying and selling what they have sold since long before Columbus. Step out of the hotel and everything changes; strange fruits and vegetables, disconcerting odors, children playing – in an utterly different language. It's wild.
- Facilities & Services:
- The hotel has 75 comfortable rooms, most overlook a beautiful colonial style courtyard with colorful macaws on perches. Meals are served in the large dinning room. The lunch buffet is not to be missed.
- Single $110
- Double $130
- Triple @ $158
- Prices are in US$ – They include 22% tax.
- Of Special Note:
- The hotels looks like a museum. The owner's magnificent collection of antique weavings, wood carving and furniture is on display throughout the hotel.
- How to find us:
- Chichicastenango is about 45 km. (25 mi.) and 145 km (90 mi.) from Guatemala City. The best way to get there is to take a shuttle from Guatemala City, Antigua to Chichicastengo then another from there to Panajachel or start in Panajachel, go to Chichi and on to Antigua and/or Guatemala City.To book a shuttle go to TransportGuatemala.com.