Discounts for larger groups. Single occupancy costs extra.
- Guatemala City
- Lake Atitlan
Spend one fantastic week in the Land of Eternal Spring
Let us show you Guatemala – a country and a people unlike any you have ever known.
Explore the ancient ruins of Tikal. Take a walking tour of Antigua. Shop the colorful market in Chichicastenango and, of course, come to Lake Atitlan, the most beautiful lake in the world.
Our Guatemalan tours are not really "tours" as one would normally think of them, in that you are not part of one big group going everywhere and doing everything together. You travel on your own. Ground transport is in shared shuttles and individual tours, such as the tour of Antigua, are with other travelers, but not the same travelers day after day. With us you get the advantage of having everything pre-arranged, but you get to meet new people.
- Day 1 — Airport pickup (GUA) in Guatemala City then transport to Antigua
- We'll pick you up at La Aurora international airport in Guatemala City and bring you to Antigua for the night. Antigua is about an hour's drive from the city, and going there straight away avoids city traffic the following morning.
- Day 2 — Antigua Tour
- In the morning you can take a walking tour of Antigua or, for the energetic, you can climb Pacaya, a live volcano.
- In the afternoon you can explore Antigua on your own. There are some great shops in Antigua, but just wandering around the cobblestone streets of this wonderfully preserved Spanish colonial capital is a pleasure.
- Day 3 — Chichicastenango Market
- From Antigua you will be taken to the Mayan market in Chichicastenango. "Chichi", as we call it, has a lot for the traveler to buy, but it is still very much a native market the Mayans have traded in for centuries. I recommend taking the time to explore some of the many nooks and crannies few tourists go to.
- For lunch I recommend the buffet at the Hotel Santo Tomas. This is Guatemalan cuisine at its best. After lunch you will travel on to Lake Atitlan.
- Please note: The market in Chichicastenango is held on Thursdays and Sundays so often your tour itinerary needs to be rearranged according to the day of the week on which you start your trip. See more below. *
- Day 4 — Visit Lake Atitlan
- Wake up to a view of Lake Atitlan you will never forget, then you can take one of the following:
- If you are feeling strong:
- Climbing a volcano is no mean feat, so while additional charges may apply, any of the other local tours we offer are available.
- If you are feeling strong:
- Day 5 — Lake Atitlan then transport to Antigua
- Take our Lake Atitlan Tour on what the locals call "shark boats" (no, there are no sharks in the lake) and explore four Mayan villages. If you took the Lake Atitlan Eco-Tour the day before you can Go to a Mayan Healing Ceremony with a Mayan shaman.
- Again, you are welcome to take one of our other tours, but you need to be in Panajachel and ready to leave for Antigua by 4:00pm. Most of our tours will have you back in time but if not, we'll find you something that will.
- Day 6 — Early flight to Tikal & Tikal Tour
- Early the following morning we will bring you back to the airport for your flight to Flores. A van from the Jungle Lodge will meet you there and take you to the hotel in Tikal National Park.
- Once there you will be taken on a tour of Tikal with a bi-lingual guide. After lunch at the Jungle Lodge you can relax by the pool or go back to the ruins on your own. The Jungle Lodge is right in the park – the only hotel that is – so getting to and from the pyramids is easy.
- Day 7 — Tikal & afternoon flight back to Guatemala City
- In the morning you can go to the local museum and learn more about Tikal and its fascinating past. Your flight back to Guatemala City is in the afternoon. A van will take you to your hotel in downtown Guatemala City for the night.
- Day 8 — Guatemala City (GUA)
- One of our drivers will pick you up at your hotel and take you the airport for your flight back to the real world.
Note: Prices can vary – especially during Christmas and Easter.